Timothy Duma believe, “with the weight loss market overflowing with diet aids and new fad diets making headlines, it’s hard not to fall victim to the hype. If you are trying to lose weight, it works best when it is done in a safe and healthy manner and is more sustainable when it is achieved over a long period of time through lifestyle changes”
Here are five ways you can lose weight safely and keep it off longer.
- Tracking your meals in a food journal is helpful in accessing your current lifestyle and eating habits. By writing down everything you eat during the day, you become more aware of what changes you need to make to lose weight. You not only need to write down what you eat and drink throughout the day but keep track of the timing of your meals.
- Measure your portion sizes for every meal. Overeating and indulging in larger portions can lead you to take in more calories, which results in weight gain. Take the time to track the portion sizes of all your meals and snacks so you can start to understand if you should decrease or maintain your serving sizes.
- Consider monitoring the number of calories you take in daily. This can give you a different perspective on how much you are eating daily. Knowing the number of calories, you consume on average can provide you with clues as to what you need to cut out of your diet.
- Write down the cravings and emotions that trigger you to eat. Being aware of what emotions trigger you to eat and how they affect your lifestyle behaviors can bring a deeper understanding to your diet.
- Choose a well-balanced diet plan that is appropriate for safe and healthy weight loss. Steer clear of plans that require you to eliminate large groups of food or entire food groups. Find a diet that focuses on monitoring your portion sizes, eating a balanced diet, and incorporating physical activity into your daily routine.
For millions of Americans losing weight is an often frustrating endeavor that lasts a lifetime. In his 15 years car racing career, Timothy Duma has been restricted to his diet and daily fitness exercise schedule.
Follow Timothy Duma on Social Media