Traveling with children can be both a delight and a challenge. Timothy Duma who enjoys traveling with his family. Here are some things you should do before you take your next trip to help you stay safe during your travels.
- When you travel internationally, you want to be prepared for all kinds of emergencies. The best way to do this is by registering with the State Department. Enrolling in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) can help the State Department find you and help you if something happens.
- You should leave your itinerary with a family member or trusted friend back home. This will help them know where to start a search if you don’t return home.
- Be sure to make a copy of your passport or scan it and send it to yourself in an email. This way you have a copy of it in case you lose yours during your travels.
- Avoid pulling your phone out in public. When you do this, you become an easy target for thieves, especially when you are on public transit.
- Make sure you know the local equivalent to 911 in the case of an emergency.
- Before you leave check the State Department’s website for cautions, warning, and travel advisories for your destination. This will help you know what to look out for while traveling.
Traveling internationally should be a fun and exciting experience. Keep these tips in mind to keep your travels safe and ensure that your trip doesn’t turn sour. Former professional racer,Timothy Duma was born in Dallas, Texas and is an experienced traveler. He enjoys traveling with his family whenever time permits.
Timothy Duma Profiles on the Web